Hemp is one of those magical natural gifts. The list of reasons to throw it love goes on and on. We won't get into every single detail, but here are a few reasons why the Back Beat crew can't get enough of this fiber.
- Hemp is one of the strongest and most durable natural fibers. Not only is it strong, but it also holds its shape much better than other natural fibers- so your hemp tee? That'll last you awhile.
- Hemp can be grown organically easily and hemp is most often grown without herbicides, fungicides or pesticides. So no harm on the soil and farmers alike.
- The nature of hemp fibers makes them more absorbent to dyes, which coupled with hemp's ability to better screen out ultraviolet rays, means that hemp material is less prone to fading than cotton fabrics are.
- Hemp is great for crop rotation because it revitalizes the soil's nutrients. Unlike other plants that tend to deplete soil natural nutrients when grown, hemp, on the other hand, revitalizes the soil even when grown in abundance.
- Hemp blended with other fibers easily incorporate the desirable qualities of both textiles.
- Fun fact about hemp....Levi jeans were originally made from hemp sailcloth (and rivets), for goldminers in California, who would fill their pockets with gold. Isn't that cool?
- Obviously, we're obsessed with hemp and we try to make a majority of our clothing using it.
Want to see what rad stuff we've come up with using this insane fabric? You can check out some of our dope hemp styles below- We know you are going to love them.